ShorthandFast. Simple. Gorgeous. Engaging.
Publish stunning stories in record time — no coding required.
Create for free, then choose a plan to publish.
Join these iconic brands
For small teams
doing big things
Everything you need to start!
- Complimentary Pro features for 30 days
- Beautifully simple editing
- Engaging section types
- 30-minute team onboarding
For publishers, communications teams
Prime features plus:
- All section types
- Developer tools
- 1 Branded theme
- Story embedding
For customers who want it all, tailored to fit your requirements.
Pro features with your choice of
- Premium support
- Flexible publishing options
- Custom work
- And more!
Premium Options in Detail
Flexible integration options
Premium publishing options
- Absolute peace of mind: complete copies of your Shorthand stories, including all the magic.Export complete story?
- We make sure your team has what it needs to integrate Shorthand into your existing publishing process.Integration consulting?
- Configure Shorthand to publish to your AWS S3 bucket.1-click S3 hosting?
- Send your story to a server via Secure FTP.SFTP?
- Download stories and assets to your infrastructure as a .zip file.ZIP exports?
- Our supported CMS plugins.Drupal & WordPress plugins?
- Host your images and videos on a dedicated asset server, separately from your HTML story files.Asset server support?
Elevated levels of support
We've got you covered
- Jump to the head of the support queue.Faster response?
- We try to respond to our customers as quickly as we can, but we provide a guaranteed 1 business day initial response time to Premium support customers.Response time guarantee?
- Technical issues will be quickly escalated to our development team.Priority tech escalation?
- Email & phone support
- We'll provide feedback on as many stories as you like.Extended story reviews?
- We make sure you're getting the most out of Shorthand.Shorthand usage review?
- Need help interpreting Google Analytics or require SEO advice? We can help!Expert advice & consulting?
Outside the box
Additional branded themes plus
- Custom image galleries
- Proprietary video players
- Custom scroll behaviours
- Additional sharing buttons
- Detailed header/footers
- Branded maps
- And much more!
No Shorthand branding
It's all yours
- No Shorthand footer logo
SAML single sign-on
Manage user access yourself
Simplify user access
- Identity provider of your choice
- Manage access at your end
AMP publishing (BETA)
Reach new audiences
Lightning fast mobile experiences
- Gorgeous immersive content
- Faster page load
- Amplified reach for all your stories
- No additional workflow
Charities & NGOs
Turn your readers into donors
Your go-to publishing solution for
- Annual reports
- So much more!
Schools, universities & research institutes
- Science communication
- Newsletters & alumni magazines
- Annual reports
- Teaching materials
Journalism & comms classes
Teach tomorrow's storytellers
Use Shorthand to teach
- Visual storytelling techniques
- Enterprise journalism workflows
- When to use visual storytelling
- Collaborative storytelling
How do I get started?
Starting is easy! Sign up for free right now, and create as many stories as you like. Contact us during your trial period to switch onto a paid plan to enable publishing.
How do I publish stories?
That’s up to you.
- host stories on your own servers and domain (e.g., yourbrand.com) using our export options,
- take advantage of simple 1-click publishing with Shorthand hosting and a custom subdomain (e.g., stories.yourbrand.com).
If you choose Shorthand hosting, we can advise on the best way to integrate content into your existing website or top-level domain for optimal traffic and SEO. For example, use our embed code to load a story into any existing web page by pasting a short code snippet.
Our expert sales and onboarding team are happy to guide you through the best publishing option and plan to suit your unique business needs. You can also learn more about publishing options on our support site.
What are your payment terms?
We keep our billing simple so we can focus on delivering an exceptional storytelling platform.
For monthly billed customers we accept credit cards only.
For annually billed customers we accept credit cards and bank transfers (ACH credit for US customers).
Unfortunately we are unable to accept cheques/checks.
Our payment terms are strictly Net-0 day (i.e., due upon receipt), excepting Premium customers on tailored agreements. We cannot enable (or re-enable) publishing functionality until payment is received.
What support do you provide?
Our customer support is part of the Shorthand magic. Really. Here's what one customer recently told us:
"Please know that you have had a very large and positive influence on my life and how the next few weeks will proceed work-wise."
That's the kind of impact our support and success team delivers every single day.
Shorthand is beautifully simple to use, but we're here when you need us! You can contact us by email, and if you have our Premium support option, by phone.
We have extensive support documentation and training videos in our knowledge base. You may also like to become part of our Shorthand community for all things Shorthand and visual storytelling.
Customers also benefit from our story review service, where we provide feedback on your stories if you'd like us to. See the plans for details.
Basically, we've got you covered!
What do you mean by "site"?
A site is simply the location, usually identified by a domain (e.g., yourbrand.com) or subdomain (e.g., stories.yourbrand.com) where your audience reads your stories.
All plans include publishing to a single site. Publishing to multiple sites incurs an additional cost per site. Contact us to discuss multi-site discounts.
What happens if I don't want to use Shorthand any more?
If you have our ShorthandX option, simply ensure you've published and/or exported all your stories, then ask us to deactivate or delete your account.