Sharing & Analytics
Share, promote, and measure your digital stories.
Built for social sharing
Add images and metadata for sharing on Facebook, Twitter, and other social networks.
- Add social sharing metadata, including social card title, description and image.
- Support for Twitter and Facebook’s Open Graph standard, supported by all major sharing platforms, including LinkedIn, Teams, and Slack.
Social sharing buttons
Add Facebook and Twitter share buttons with a click, and add other sharing buttons with your custom theme.
- Twitter buttons create a pre-filled tweet to streamline social sharing.
- Add additional buttons with your theme — common additions include LinkedIn and Pinterest.
Measure and track the impact of your stories with Shorthand’s built-in analytics — or add your tracking ID for Google Analytics.
- Get a Shorthand-specific view of how your stories are performing, without the noise of third-party analytics platforms.
- Track views, time-on-page, and story completions for desktop and mobile.
- On applicable plans, have your third-party analytics code or tag manager added to your theme — so you don't have to think about it.
Toggle social buttons
Optionally remove social buttons for readers on mobile devices.
Easily implement your commenting system such as Disqus or Livefyre using our Custom HTML section.
Add news keywords, descriptions, authors, and Open Graph metadata.
“Our Shorthand stories are performing on every metric that we've been measuring ourselves on, such as scroll depth, clicks on page, and click-throughs on social media. The targets and stretch targets have been met on all our content.”Andrew Youngson | News and Campaigns Content Manager | Imperial College London