Immersive digital stories that your readers will love.
Tell stories with scrolling
Create stunning scroll-based image transitions with our Scrollmation and Reveal story sections.
- Create rich no-code data visualisations, including interactive maps, charts, and graphs.
- Bring your media to life with rich full-screen image transitions.
Simple story creation
With simple ‘drag and drop’ media uploads and section ordering, anyone can build a Shorthand story.
- Choose from a range of flexible and easy-to-use section types.
- Anyone can build a story from scratch, including writers, marketers, editors, designers, and developers.
- Don’t worry about fonts and formatting — the Shorthand editor will make your copy consistent, on-brand, and responsive.
Take your audience on an interactive journey using an uploaded image, such a map, photo, or illustration.
- After uploading your image, simply choose which sections you want to highlight, and then optionally annotate them with short sections of text.
- As the reader scrolls down your Scrollpoints section, your Shorthand story will automatically pan and zoom into each point in turn.
- Like all Shorthand features, Scrollpoints can be created by anyone, without needing any help from a web designer or developer.
Build with templates
Get started immediately with our wide range of built-in templates.
- Get a head-start on the most common story types, without reinventing the wheel.
- Make it your own with a custom theme, which will set your brand fonts, colours, logo, and more.
Incorporate video, images, and sound directly into your story.
Text over media
Integrate words, images, and video to create truly immersive digital stories.
Build accessible stories with Shorthand, including alt-text options and accessible themes.
“Shorthand allows our editors and art directors the flexibility to dream up, execute, and design beautiful multimedia stories — without relying on developers.”Michael Chu | Executive Director for Content Operations & Creative Services | Source Media